Why Choose Dr. Alan Woodson?
We Cater to Cowards
- 30+ Years Experience
- Associate Professor, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
- Advanced Training in Cosmetic Dentistry
- Metal Free Dentistry
- Open Late Hours
- 24-hour Emergency Service Available
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are often referred to as “Instant Orthodontics”. Think you need braces? A substantial aesthetic effect can be obtained with a veneer and minimal tooth preparation is required.
Common problems that Veneers will address:
- Spaces between the teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
Veneers are applied to the teeth in 2 visits to the dentist:
- Visit # 1 Veneer Preparation:The teeth are prepared by removing 0.3 to 0.5 mm of enamel (the thickness of a fingernail) to allow room for the veneer layer. An impression of the teeth is taken and sent to the specialized dental laboratory that will create the veneers.
- Visit #2 Veneer Bonding:Bonding involves all the steps that permanently attach the veneer to the tooth. After a cleaning of the tooth, the veneer is bonded to the tooth with a special dental cement. This dental cement is then hardened with an ultra violet light.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!